Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Jhon <de...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/17 04:52:51 UTC

Is it bug ? ( Error while creating new users : ORA-02289: sequence does not exist )

Hi,

Recently I had migrated my sample portal to Oracle
Database. And working with imported users like
'turbine', 'anon' was working just fine.

But when I tried to create a new user, I got the
following exception :
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-02289: sequence does not
exist

And in fact, I have all sequences present in Database.

After debuggin through Torque code, found that it uses
sql
"select turbine_user.nextval from dual"
to generate next sequence number for user_id creation.
But as a matter of fact it should have used
"turbine_user_seq" for sequence generation and not
table "turbine_user".

So I updated method getIDMethodSQL() in DBOracle.java
which appends _seq to sql string that is used for
sequence generation.

And now things works just fine. I can create users
now.

Anyway, the purpose of this email is to know is it a
bug there in Torque or I was doing something wrong in
first place ?

thanks,
jh