Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ying lcs <yi...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/15 19:11:09 UTC

How can i remove the changes in changeset in subversion?

Hi,

How can i remove the changes in changeset #29 from the trunk in subversion?

in other words, when anyone check out from the trunk, it does not
contain changeset #29's changes.

Thank you.

Re: How can i remove the changes in changeset in subversion?

Posted by ying lcs <yi...@gmail.com>.
On 8/15/07, Rainer Sokoll <R....@intershop.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 02:52:56PM -0500, ying lcs wrote:
>
> > I tried to do this:
> > svn merge -c -28  svn+ssh://65.132.197.3/srv/svn/repositories/sample/trunk
>
> You want to copy, not to merge.

Why I want to 'copy' instead of 'merge'?

Re: How can i remove the changes in changeset in subversion?

Posted by Rainer Sokoll <R....@intershop.de>.
On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 02:52:56PM -0500, ying lcs wrote:

> I tried to do this:
> svn merge -c -28  svn+ssh://65.132.197.3/srv/svn/repositories/sample/trunk

You want to copy, not to merge.

Rainer

Re: How can i remove the changes in changeset in subversion?

Posted by ying lcs <yi...@gmail.com>.
I literally get a 'skipped missing target' for every files in my
repository, like this:

But those are the exactly i want to back out my changes.

Skipped missing target:
'sample/sampleservlet/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/commons-codec-1.3.jar'
Skipped missing target:
'sample/sampleservlet/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/commons-collections-3.2.jar'
Skipped missing target:
'sample/sampleservlet/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/commons-lang-2.3.jar'
Skipped missing target:
'sample/sampleservlet/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging-1.1.jar'
Skipped missing target:
'sample/sampleservlet/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/commons-configuration-1.4.jar'

Thank you for any pointers.

Posted by ying lcs <yi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. Andy.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ying lcs <yi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andy,

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ying lcs <yi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andy.

RE: Re: How can i remove the changes in changeset in subversion?

Posted by "Bicking, David (HHoldings, IT)" <Da...@thehartford.com>.
And I thought changesets were around since darn near the beginning.  I
know when I reviewed this product two years ago, everything checked in
together was recorded together, for example.  Am I misunderstanding the
meaning of changeset here?

On Aug 15, 2007, at 14:16, Andy Levy wrote:

> Changesets are not a Subversion feature until 1.5 is released,
> probably sometime this fall. Are you using a pre-release build?

I've used "changeset" and "revision" interchangeably myself. What is the
difference?

destroy all copies.

Re: How can i remove the changes in changeset in subversion?

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On 8/15/07, Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com> wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2007, at 14:16, Andy Levy wrote:
>
> > Changesets are not a Subversion feature until 1.5 is released,
> > probably sometime this fall. Are you using a pre-release build?
>
> I've used "changeset" and "revision" interchangeably myself. What is
> the difference?

I misremembered the feature name, it's actually changelist.
http://blogs.open.collab.net/svn/2007/07/one-quality-of-.html

Re: How can i remove the changes in changeset in subversion?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.