Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Srikanth Sampath <sr...@sybase.com> on 2001/03/15 03:31:53 UTC

Re: xml version string

Hi,
	How do we use xerces to retrieve the XML version string, basically
	the header?.

	Also, what do you think of having this API in an interface in SAX?

	Thanks,
	--Srikanth

Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:16:03 -0800
From: Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>
To: Srikanth Sampath <srikanth>
Subject: Re: xml version string

Srikanth Sampath wrote:
>         Using xerces sax parser, is it possible to get the version string
> in an xml document?.  The version string though, a processing instruction

No. SAX does not provide such information. You can get the info
if you code directly to the Xerces internal interfaces. But how
to do this should be posted to the mailing lists.

Re: xml version string

Posted by Elena Litani <hl...@jtcsv.com>.
Srikanth Sampath wrote:

> Hi,
>         How do we use xerces to retrieve the XML version string, basically
>         the header?.

DocumentImpl includes *experimental* DOM L3 features  which allow you to
extract XML header.
[See getEncoding(), getStandalone(), getVersion()]
Those feature were included after Xerces 1.3.0 release.

Elena

Re: xml version string

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Srikanth Sampath wrote:
>         Also, what do you think of having this API in an interface in SAX?

SAX is already defined; we can't add to it. We will be including
this information in the Xerces Native Interface (XNI) for Xerces2,
though.