Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2013/07/06 19:53:22 UTC

Ready to Announce The Release ...? [WAS Re: Setting Up Release Directory...?]

On 06/19/13 14:38, sebb wrote:

<snip>

> Sorry about the repeated checkins; I think it's all OK now.

Great :)

Am I safe to announce the release now...?

Robert

Re: Ready to Announce The Release ...? [WAS Re: Setting Up Release Directory...?]

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 07/07/13 20:14, sebb wrote:
> On 7 July 2013 11:07, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 07/07/13 01:03, sebb wrote:

<snip>

>> Probably worthwhile doing a limited announcement (creadur website and so on)
>
> The creadur RAT site includes download links to 0.9 but is headed 0.9-SNAPSHOT.

I was wondering about giving Creadur a little bit more of a suite feel
by including a download section on the top level website

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
<ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On 07/07/13 01:03, sebb wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>> Note that 0.9 takes much very longer than 0.8 if there are long files
>> that don't contain the license near the start.
>> This is because 0.9 has several extra scanners, all of which are very
>> inefficient on such files.
>> 0.8 only had one such scanner.
>>
>> I've fixed these issues in SVN.
>

> :-)
>

>> So maybe worth holding off until 0.91 (or whatever) can be released.
>

> Should we sort out the binary assembly before cutting a new release or just
> rush out what's in trunk...?

I think we should fix the binary assembly; should not be too difficult.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 6 July 2013 18:53, Robert Burrell Donkin
<ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On 06/19/13 14:38, sebb wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Sorry about the repeated checkins; I think it's all OK now.
>

> Great :)
>
> Am I safe to announce the release now...?

I think so.