Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Vadim Chekan <ko...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/20 08:30:39 UTC

Re: Negtive MessageCountAwaitingAcknowledge & DispatchedQueueSize on JConsol

>From my experience, if you write a test case and create a JIRA issue,
then there are good chances it'll be fixed.

Vadim.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 11:55 PM, WhiteSock <wh...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> When I use JConsole to monitor ActiveMQ5.1, I find that the
>
> MessageCountAwaitingAcknowledge and DispatchedQueueSize of SubscriptionView
> are negative
>
> from time to time, especially when the producer is very fast and the
> consumer is relatively slow.
>
> This is the screen shot
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p20496111/jconsole.jpg
>
> Accoring to my test case, I think the EnqueueCounter is right. The
> DequeueCounter does not
>
> look right as well. I appologize if this issue has been raised before.

>From RFC 2631: In ASN.1, EXPLICIT tagging is implicit unless IMPLICIT
is explicitly specified

Re: Negtive MessageCountAwaitingAcknowledge & DispatchedQueueSize on JConsol

Posted by WhiteSock <wh...@hotmail.com>.
This problem still exists in ActiveMQ 5.2

Re: Negtive MessageCountAwaitingAcknowledge & DispatchedQueueSize on JConsol

Posted by WhiteSock <wh...@hotmail.com>.
I was able to reproduce this problem on ActiveMQ 5.1

1. Run SimpleBroker
   Please run MySql first.(I want to use JDBC Master/Slave cluster in
production environment)

2. Run SimpleConsumer
   In SimpleConsumer.java, it actually starts two MessageConsumers:
   * the first MessageConsumer is blocked in onMessage() by setting
consumers[i].setTimeToSleep(Integer.MAX_VALUE);
   * the other one won't be blocked by setting
consumers[i].setTimeToSleep(0);

   These consumers use the following broker url:

"failover:(tcp://localhost:61616,tcp://localhost:61617)?initialReconnectDelay=100&randomize=false";
   tcp://localhost:61616 is connectable and tcp://localhost:61617 is not.

3. Run SimpleProducer
   Send text message in a very fast speed.

4. After several minutes, the following exceptions were printed in
SimpleConsumer's Log:
Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Transport: tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:61616"
Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Transport: tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:61616"

   The screenshot at that moment is:
     http://www.nabble.com/file/p20679566/5.1-A.jpg

   Several seconds later,  MessageConsumers seemed to be able to reconnect
to the broker.
   The log of SimpleConsumer is:
   2008-11-25 19:13:06,750 WARN  [InactivityMonitor Async Task:
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker@1d7ad1c -
FailoverTransport.java:205] Transport failed to tcp://localhost:61616 ,
attempting to automatically reconnect due to:
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException: Channel was inactive
for too long: localhost/127.0.0.1:61616
2008-11-25 19:13:06,859 WARN  [InactivityMonitor Async Task:
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker@1d7ad1c -
FailoverTransport.java:205] Transport failed to tcp://localhost:61616 ,
attempting to automatically reconnect due to:
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException: Channel was inactive
for too long: localhost/127.0.0.1:61616
[Consumer1]transport resumed
2008-11-25 19:13:08,140 INFO  [ActiveMQ Task - FailoverTransport.java:693]
Successfully reconnected to tcp://localhost:61616
[Consumer0]transport resumed
2008-11-25 19:13:08,140 INFO  [ActiveMQ Task - FailoverTransport.java:693]
Successfully reconnected to tcp://localhost:61616
       The screenshot after reconnection is:

Re: Negtive MessageCountAwaitingAcknowledge & DispatchedQueueSize on JConsol

Posted by WhiteSock <wh...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you very much for your advice.

I have tried ActiveMQ5.2 RC2, It seems that the problem still exists.

I will raise a test case ASAP.