Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2003/04/18 22:32:52 UTC

Fortress Changes

Quite a few classes changed in fortress, but mostly due to
formatting/javadoc updates.  I added a new concept that
supercedes the RoleManager concept--but as early adopters
use the RoleManager, I don't want to remove the RoleManager
completely--unless there is full support for it.

Currently--out of the box, there is support for the
FortressRoleManager, the ConfigurableRoleManager (on
top of that), and the ServiceMetaManager which reads
in the meta information.

The MetaInfoManager can be extended to read in the dependency
list, but I need a little more info on that.  It would be
good to provide a tool that the build had everything it needed.
Anyhoo, Fortress was made better, and less susceptable to
crashing.

-----Chris Rock

Re: Fortress Changes

Posted by Shash Chatterjee <sh...@hotmail.com>.
Berin,

FortressServiceManager was made a final class, which makes extending it
rather difficult :-)
For a variety of reasons, we have a KeelServiceManager which extends
FortressServiceManager.
Is there a reason we must have FortressServiceManager as final? If possible,
I'd rather not copy FortressServiceManager entirely to KeelServiceManager.

Thanks,
Shash

Re: Fortress Changes

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Chatterjee Family wrote:
> Berin,
>
> FortressServiceManager was made a final class, which makes extending it
> rather difficult :-)
> For a variety of reasons, we have a KeelServiceManager which extends
> FortressServiceManager.
> Is there a reason we must have FortressServiceManager as final? If possible,
> I'd rather not copy FortressServiceManager entirely to KeelServiceManager.

I prefer to keep things final until there is a reason not to.  This
helps control the public API.  I can make FortressServiceManager not
final to satisfy your needs.

-----Chris Rock

Re: Fortress Changes