Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ashok Madhavan <as...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/22 06:31:58 UTC

Validation not working in Nested Form and DispathAction Case

Hi All,

I have a typical create, edit, view, delete feature in
a jsp page. I use a Dispatch Action with the 'method'
parameter as the distinguishing factor. Also i am
using nested Form in this page.

The validator API does not work in this case. I
specify the form name and the required stuff in the
validation.xml. I specify that the validate="true" in
the struts-config.xml.
I call a javascript function which submits the form
and i dont use the html:submit or nested:submit.

But for some reason the validator is not at all
called.

Am i missing anything ?

I am using Struts RC1.

Any help would be appreciated.