Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Jim Newsham <jn...@referentia.com> on 2009/05/20 02:52:27 UTC

cleancache doesn't

Hi,

We are using ivy 2.0.0 from ant; in Windows XP.  We noticed that sometimes
cleancache fails silently.  To be specific, cleancache may not delete the
cache directory (and all of its contents) if files in the cache are being
used by some application.  This is probably due to the way windows handles
files which are in use (they cannot be deleted).  However, the worst part of
it is that ivy fails *silently* -- the failure to delete the cache directory
does not produce any message or error condition within ant.  This has caused
our development team a lot of confusion, because stale files which should
have been cleaned are still being used.

Has this been previously reported and/or fixed?  Should I open a jira issue?

Thanks,

Jim