Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Sreeni Chippada <sr...@edocs.com> on 2002/03/21 17:48:05 UTC

Large Documents

I saw a posting on the Developer's list about Large Data.
I ran a test yesterday. I thought the results might be helpful.

xml document size: 830KB. ( violated the recommendation right there )
Collection size: 788KB.
Index size: 14MB
xpath:
"/INVOICEBATCH/INVOICEFILE/LAYOUT/INVOICE/ACCOUNT_DETAIL/SERVICE[1]/ITEM[1]/
AMOUNT/ITEM2[1]/ITEM3[1]"
Element count for ITEM3 : 12000
Time to retrieve all: 40 sec
Time to retrieve any one: 2 to 3 secs

When I try to load a document of 8MB, the loading failed.
Are there any plans to support large and huge documents in the future
releases?

Thanks,
Sreeni

RE: Large Documents

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Sreeni Chippada [mailto:sreeni@edocs.com]
>
> I saw a posting on the Developer's list about Large Data.
> I ran a test yesterday. I thought the results might be helpful.
>

> xml document size: 830KB. ( violated the recommendation right there )
> Collection size: 788KB.
> Index size: 14MB
> xpath:

"/INVOICEBATCH/INVOICEFILE/LAYOUT/INVOICE/ACCOUNT_DETAIL/SERVICE[1]/ITEM
[1]/
> AMOUNT/ITEM2[1]/ITEM3[1]"
> Element count for ITEM3 : 12000
> Time to retrieve all: 40 sec
> Time to retrieve any one: 2 to 3 secs
>
> When I try to load a document of 8MB, the loading failed.
> Are there any plans to support large and huge documents in the future
> releases?

Why don't you just split large document on several collections and huge
document on lots of collections? I think that's the recommended way to
use xindice.

Vadim