Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Kelvin Ho <Ke...@sausage.com> on 2000/08/22 02:00:03 UTC

Is SOAP support transaction?

Hi there, I am new to SOAP. I would like to know SOAP is support transaction
or not.
Case 1. A client sends SOAP message to SOAP enable server to start a
transaction and then couple of messages and then a SOAP message to commit
the transaction.
Case 2. There are two companies A & B having SOAP server enable. Can a third
company C using SOAP to access the service in company A & B in one
transaction?

Thanks

Regards
Kelvin

Re: Is SOAP support transaction?

Posted by "Anders W. Tell" <an...@toolsmiths.se>.
Hi Kelvin,

Kelvin Ho wrote:

> Hi there, I am new to SOAP. I would like to know SOAP is support transaction
> or not.
> Case 1. A client sends SOAP message to SOAP enable server to start a
> transaction and then couple of messages and then a SOAP message to commit
> the transaction.
> Case 2. There are two companies A & B having SOAP server enable. Can a third
> company C using SOAP to access the service in company A & B in one
> transaction?

These use cases is very difficult to handle when A and B have transaction
monitors from
different companies.

However if you can wait a while , there is serious work being done on
integrating OMG Corba
with SOAP or the next version XML-PC .I expect some progress relativly soon, 3Q
or 4Q this year.

This should be interesting since OMG already created an international standard
called
OTS (Object Transaction Service).
Why create something that already exists, and repeat all misstakes ?

Im planning to create a separate mailing list where interested can discuss the
marriage between
XML-PC and Corba. For those of us who dont think Corba is dead ;-)

Cheers Anders
--
/  Financial Toolsmiths AB            /

Re: Is SOAP support transaction?