Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net> on 2003/03/23 00:00:28 UTC

Scratchpad PetStore Sample and XMLForm

I modified this sample to use XMLForm to implement the "Edit Account"
page of this sample. To see this, first sign in and then click on "My
Account".

XMLForm is very nice to use in flow scripts, because it automatically
populates the model (you never have to call cocoon.request.get("..."))
and it has nice hooks for validation.

However, I don't know how to integrate its view with the rest of the
application. Could somebody take a look at this?

Regards,

Chris

Re: Scratchpad PetStore Sample and XMLForm

Posted by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net>.
leo leonid wrote:
> Christopher Oliver writes:
>

>>Thanks, Leo.
>>
>>OK. I committed your changes. But shouldn't there be a reusable template
>>for translating XMLForm controls to html, that could be "plugged" into
>>your application somehow, rather than having to incorporate it into the
>>application's stylesheet(s)?
>

> Yes, I would rather do this with <xsl:import> than using another
> transformation step.
>
> I tried to extend the xml-form view on the other pages adapting the way you
> did it with editAccount, not much success so far, I still have to learn a
> lot about learn xml-form/flow... I really like to have this petstore
> working. I volunteer where I can.
>
> /Leo

Ok, Cool. Thanks.

Posted by leo leonid <te...@leonid.de>.

Posted by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net>.
Thanks, Leo.

Posted by leo leonid <te...@leonid.de>.
Hi Christopher,

Posted by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net>.

Posted by leo leonid <te...@leonid.de>.
Hi Christopher,

Posted by leo leonid <te...@leonid.de>.
On Sonntag, März 23, 2003, at 12:00  Uhr, Christopher Oliver wrote:

> I modified this sample to use XMLForm to implement the "Edit Account"
> page of this sample. To see this, first sign in and then click on "My
> Account".
>
> XMLForm is very nice to use in flow scripts, because it automatically
> populates the model (you never have to call cocoon.request.get("..."))
> and it has nice hooks for validation.
>
> However, I don't know how to integrate its view with the rest of the
> application. Could somebody take a look at this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris

I'll try to integrate it to the XSP-view.
/Leo

Re: Scratchpad PetStore Sample and XMLForm

Posted by leo leonid <te...@leonid.de>.
On Sonntag, März 23, 2003, at 12:00  Uhr, Christopher Oliver wrote:

> I modified this sample to use XMLForm to implement the "Edit Account"
> page of this sample. To see this, first sign in and then click on "My
> Account".
>
> XMLForm is very nice to use in flow scripts, because it automatically
> populates the model (you never have to call cocoon.request.get("..."))
> and it has nice hooks for validation.
>
> However, I don't know how to integrate its view with the rest of the
> application. Could somebody take a look at this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris

I'll do, as soon as cvs.apache.org is responding again.
/Leo