Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Ma...@amis.com on 2007/03/02 21:10:29 UTC

Status?

Hi There,

I've been doing requirements and design for a build system and continuous
integration setup for our in-house software and on the build side I have
made the rounds from Maven2+Ant to Ivy+Ant to commercial systems to a
home-brew system.  Currently we use a lot of Ant and make, and some "other
stuff".  In the process of all this I looked at Gump briefly and moved on.
 Now that I am thinking more about how I would design a system to build
all of our projects (using Ant) it was starting to slightly resemble Gump
and its approach using modules and projects.

I am now looking at it again in more detail and I like what I see so far
(and I love Python so that rocks too).  I was wondering what the current
status of the project is.  I see stuff about Gump3 in development and I am
intrigued.  If I wanted to start using it is Gump3 ready for primetime?  I
find surprisingly little info on the project in terms of other people
using it outside of Apache.  I was wondering if that meant it was
relatively dead, or it just works so well that nobody talks about it? ;o)

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks!
Mark.

AMI Semiconductor - "Silicon Solutions for the Real World"
NOTICE:
This electronic message contains information that may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender and delete the copy you received.

Re: Status?

Posted by Ma...@amis.com.
David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> wrote on 03/06/2007 08:32:49 PM:

> Mark_Melvin@amis.com wrote:
> >
> > By the way - I am also interested in the Apache Depot project that is
> > linked to from the Gump page.  Unfortunately there is no code or even
> > developer email addresses on the page as it is in incubation.  Any
idea
> > when this will be available?  Does Gump use it?
>
> The Apache Incubator project Depot did not survive the
> incubation process:
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/#Retired+from+incubation
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/depot.html
>
> There are probably guidelines at the Incubator website
> if you want to build a community around it and revive it.
> Discuss on the general <at> incubator list.
>
> -David

Thanks for the update.

Re: Status?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Mark_Melvin@amis.com wrote:

> By the way - I am also interested in the Apache Depot project that is
> linked to from the Gump page.  Unfortunately there is no code or even
> developer email addresses on the page as it is in incubation.  Any idea
> when this will be available?  Does Gump use it?

The Apache Incubator project Depot did not survive the
incubation process:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/#Retired+from+incubation
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/depot.html

There are probably guidelines at the Incubator website
if you want to build a community around it and revive it.
Discuss on the general <at> incubator list.

-David

Re: Status?

Posted by Ma...@amis.com.
Hi Leo,

Thanks for the reply.  I'll give Gump2 a closer look then.

By the way - I am also interested in the Apache Depot project that is
linked to from the Gump page.  Unfortunately there is no code or even
developer email addresses on the page as it is in incubation.  Any idea
when this will be available?  Does Gump use it?

Thanks,
Mark.

Re: Status?

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.