Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Doychin Bondzhev <do...@dsoft-bg.com> on 2019/01/10 14:47:47 UTC

How to run test build on PR?

Hi guys,

I have set of changes that I want to test on the buildbot before they
are merged into master branch.

Is there any way to do this? The reason I want to run on the build bot
is that here all tests pass without problem but the test we ignored
yesterday fails on the build bot.

I want to confirm that the changes I did do make change for that test on
the build bot.

--
Doychin Bondzhev
dSoft-Bulgaria Ltd.

Re: How to run test build on PR?

Posted by César Hernández Mendoza <ce...@gmail.com>.
@Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>
based on the reply from Daniel Gruno, it seems ASF Jenkins don't have
limitation to build upon PR's.

Daniel Gruno
> <https://jira.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=humbedooh> added
> a comment - 2 hours ago
> Why not use the ASF Jenkins with the PR builder plugin?

@mawiesne @Richard
Thank you much for the infra offering, let's see how INFRA-17654 evolves.

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández Mendoza.

Re: How to run test build on PR?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Re: How to run test build on PR?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
It sounds wonderful.

Re: How to run test build on PR?

Posted by Richard Zowalla <ri...@zowalla.com>.
Hi,

Re: How to run test build on PR?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Re: How to run test build on PR?

Posted by Richard Zowalla <ri...@zowalla.com>.
Hi,

Re: How to run test build on PR?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Re: How to run test build on PR?

Posted by César Hernández Mendoza <ce...@gmail.com>.

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández Mendoza.

Re: How to run test build on PR?

Posted by Doychin Bondzhev <do...@dsoft-bg.com>.

Re: How to run test build on PR?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
We would need to switch to Jenkins but not sure the build capacity can
handle it anyway.
--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
http://www.tomitribe.com

Re: How to run test build on PR?

Posted by Doychin Bondzhev <do...@dsoft-bg.com>.
Hi,

This is the branch that contains my changes
https://github.com/doychin/tomee/tree/startup-shutdown

Full build fails only on one test in CDI embedded TCK
testRequestScopeActiveDuringWebServiceInvocation(org.jboss.cdi.tck.tests.context.request.jaxrs.RequestContextTest)
Time elapsed: 0.032 s� <<< FAILURE!

The problem is with the test. Test is fixed in 2.0.6-SNAPSHOT and
2.1.0-SNAPSHOT

I want to see if the build will fail again with EnvEntryTest in

arquillian-tomee-tests

I can't reproduce the failure here but I managed to crash tests when I
run tests multiple times in the IDE.
The problem was with registration of Thread Context listeners. After
first run of all tests on the second start server is started again in
the same JVM so all previously registered listeners were still there and
JMSInjectionTest was failing again.

The changes I implemented will make sure there is only one thread
context listener for every type of listener and all listeners that are
not registered in static class initialization code are properly removed
during server shutdown.

 From log in the build bot regarding EnvEntryTest failure I suspect an
exception that is thrown during application deployment that is consumed
and never reaches to test initialization code. I think in this case app
is never initialized properly and when test code tries to call the
business logic it fails.

What makes me think the problem is somewhere in the initialization is
this line in the log:

INFO: cleaning
/home/buildslave/slave/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/build/arquillian/arquillian-tomee-tests/arquillian-tomee-jms-tests/target/arquillian-test-working-dir/0/test.ear

Test deploys

jms-env-entry.jar and log says it cleans test.ear

I don't know where thistest.ear  comes from.

In case you have ideas that could help me track the problem I'll be more
then happy to continue the investigation in case my changes did not help.

This failure happens only when testing
test-tomee-remote-plus

Have a nice day

Re: How to run test build on PR?