Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2019/02/25 10:16:13 UTC

Improving the compatibility with IntellJ

Hi all,

in order to track down the failing tests, I was trying to setup things in IntelliJ … however this wasn’t that simple as things seem to happen which make it difficult to setup.

Something must be configured so IntelliJ thinks the output path for test-classes is “debug-classes” instead of “test-classes” which makes me having to go into the module settings of every module and update every test-classes path.
Whenever I update the project or restart IntelliJ I have to do that again, which is super-annoying. I think we should track down what’s causing this as it’s not the default behavior.

Chris

Re: Improving the compatibility with IntellJ

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Tresys,

I didn't configure it to use the debug-classes ... whenever I let IntelliJ update the config, it just uses that.
All I did was to checkout daffodil and open it in IntelliJ. It detected it being SBT built and auto-configured everything.
Only when I wanted to run a test, it said "ClassNotFoundException" ...

Will investigate further.

Chris

Am 25.02.19, 17:49 schrieb "Beckerle, Mike" <mb...@tresys.com>:

    Chris,

    So I have IntelliJ IDEA (Ultimate 2018.2). I don't use it often, I've been able to manage with Eclipse via ScalaIDE, and I know eclipse better. IDEA does look quite good though, and I hope to learn it better.

    I was able to checkout master of Daffodil, then just start IDEA, and create a project in the daffodil directory, build it without error, and then mouse my way into daffodil-test/src/test/scala, right click, and Run.

    It ran 3133 tests successfully.

    So I'm not sure what the setup issue you are running into is, or why you need it.

    Can you explain why you need this debug-classes directory?

    ...mike beckerle

    Tresys