Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Angel Garcia <ag...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/25 05:35:06 UTC

javascript menus

Hi everybody,

At first, sorry for my English.

Now, two months ago, I asked you about a java software to produce
menus with or with out javascript, well, there were not answer and
then I searched for something and I found phplayersmenu.

PhpLayersmenu (http://phplayersmenu.sourceforge.net/) is a software
written in php :) with a license GNU Lesser General Public License
(LGPL) to prepare "on the fly" DHTML menus, they could be horizontal,
vertical, plain or tree.

Well, the point is that like a first application, I translate the code
to java and now run in turbine.

I want to share the code if someone is interested, but I need some
help for that. Some details:

The code work in turbine using torque and velocity.

The code is also complete, some details are missing because I don't
have the total knowledge in turbine, so the code could be more
accurate, maybe like an integrated service, I don't know.

Because you can use turbine alone, is possible to generate the code in
another java application, so, some functions to generate the menu's
code using velocity alone (not integrated with turbine) are missing.

I don't have any site to put the code.

The code work very well but is possible make some enhancements to work
more close to turbine.

The code that I made is the most faithful translation, but I think
that some changes are necessaries mainly dividing the data and the
presentation in some parts.

I want to talk to phplayer's team about the code, but I think that I
need some feedback before to do it.

Well that's all, any suggestions or comments about this are welcome.

Angelus GarcĂ­a Z. agarciazav@gmail.com