Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rod Brick <Ro...@neonesoft.com> on 2008/04/21 21:03:21 UTC

How to specify an alternate name for a webapp in Tomcat 5.5

In Tomcat 5.0 on RH Linux I was able to make a context fragment file
called tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/webappB.xml, which allowed me to
call webappA by specifying the name webappB
 in the browser's URL.  The file looked like this:

<!-- Context fragment to access webappA.war with the name webappB -->
<Context docBase="webappA"
         debug="0" privileged="true">
</Context>

Enter Tomcat 5.5 where this no longer works.  I can't seem to glean
the information I need from the Tomcat 5.5 docs, and I've resorted to
hit
or miss experimentation.  All misses.   I've read things in the docs
like "do not
use docBase...", and I've tried all manner of combinations.  All to no
avail.  Basically all I ever get from my browser is "Blahblah... 404...
The
requested resource (blahblah) is not available."

Question:  Can anyone tell me specifically how to configure Tomcat 5.5
so that I can call webappA by specifying webappB (without using
symbolic links) from the browser?

Thank you.