Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sridhar Chellappa <sc...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/19 11:25:19 UTC

How to auto relaunch a YARN Application Master on a failure?

Is this possible? If yes, can someone get back to me as to how?

RE: How to auto relaunch a YARN Application Master on a failure?

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@huawei.com>.
It is possible.. You can set the number of attempts to be launched in case of AM failures.
yarn.resourcemanager.am.max-attempts. Default is 2, you can increase it. This is at global level.
Per application level, you need to send in ApplicationSubmissionContext# setMaxAppAttempts

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S