Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Will Hartung <wi...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/16 23:13:21 UTC

OSGI multi-module Maven example?

Does anyone have an OSGI multi-module Maven example?

Specifically I'm looking to a typical mutli-module maven project, where
there's a "main" project, with "libraries", which are in the submodules.

But the "libraries" are OSGI modules, and the "main" project basically uses
the modules.

I don't know what the dev lifecycle is for a Maven/OSGI project. I'd like
to just be "mvn clean install" on the parent, or just "Run" on the "main"
project.

Clearly there are several ways to deal with OSGI modules, but I'm looking
for something basic to let me move forward with OSGI participants but,
ideally, not having to shuffle a lot of things around.

Many of the OSGI basic tutorials are about loading the modules from a
framework runtime, but I'm looking to have the "main project" do that.

My fantasy is right-click -> Run, and see "hello world starting" "hello
world service activated" "Hello World!" "hello world service deactivated"
"hello world stopping".

So, if there's a "hello world" main project using a "hello world" service
that someone can point me at, that'd be great.

Regards,

Will Hartung