Posted to user@storm.apache.org by shahab <sh...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/30 09:10:00 UTC

Storm UI does not show statistics of "acked" tuples,

Hello,

I am using Kafka-Storm (0.10.0) spout in storm (0.9.4)  topology and i
noticed that I can not see the statistics of acked/failed tuples in the UI.
is there any settings that I messed up with or  this is just due to
incompatibility between kafka-storm spout and storm?

best,
/Shahab

Re: Storm UI does not show statistics of "acked" tuples,

Posted by Aurelien Violette <au...@webgroup-limited.com>.
Hello Shahab,

I sometimes mess up with this too. If your bolt is sending to an other
bolt, be sure to anchor the input to the output :

collector.emit(input, new Values(...));

If your bolt is in the end of the chain, then do not forget to ack it
manually :
collector.ack(input);

Ack is built on a chain. When a bolt sends a new tuple, it should anchor
(reference) the input to indicate that when output tuple will be acked,
input tuple should be too.
http://storm.apache.org/releases/0.10.0/Guaranteeing-message-processing.html

--
BR,