Posted to m2-dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2004/09/02 14:45:48 UTC

building m2 - removal of maven.properties

To those who are now trying to build m2 now, you must specify ~/.m2/pom.xml. For
now that is hardcoded - I think it will probably end up being something other
than pom.xml.

It primarily defines the local repository, but will override any other pom
settings (eg remote repos).

<project>
  <local>
      <repository>d:/home/brett/repo-m2</repository>
   </local>
</project>

There are a couple of things I missed:
- classworlds.conf hasn't been changed, so maven.home must be ~/m2 for now (the
default), or maven.properties must be retained.
- I just remembered I forgot to put back general properties, so mojo stuff like
#maven.foo.bar will not work. The rest continue to exist (eg #project.*,
#maven.repo.local, ...). System properties should work? Sorry about that. There
is already a <properties> element in the model, although this might change to be
part of <plugins/> eventually.
- jar overrides haven't been implemented again just yet.

I'll try and get these sorted out in short order. Let me know if there are any
issues.

Cheers,
Brett

Quoting brett@apache.org: