Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Hui Shang <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/30 12:41:21 UTC

Apache pig.

Hi,

In logicalplan, there is a method for calculating the fingerprint, why it
is string? After calling hashcode, it is a integer, but then in the code,
it called integer.tostring and return a string. What is the reason to do
this? Thanks very much!

Best Regards
Hui

Re: Apache pig.

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.
The fingerprint is a string so alphanumeric values could be used. The
current implementation just happens to use hashcode of the string of the
LP, but that's a bit hacky and is subject to change in future releases to
something more robust.

billgraham@gmail.com going forward.*