Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/05/29 15:43:22 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by DougLoyer

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "PoweredBy" page has been changed by DougLoyer.
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy?action=diff&rev1=201&rev2=202

    * We build Amazon's product search indices using the streaming API and pre-existing C++, Perl, and Python tools.
    * We process millions of sessions daily for analytics, using both the Java and streaming APIs.
    * Our clusters vary from 1 to 100 nodes.
+
+  * [[http://www.accelacommunications.com]]
+   * We use a Hadoop cluster to rollup registration and view data each night.
+   * Our cluster has 10 1U servers, with 4 cores, 4GB ram and 3 drives
+   * Each night, we run 112 Hadoop jobs
+   * It is roughly 4X faster to export the transaction tables from each of our reporting databases, transfer the data to the cluster, perform the rollups, then import back into the databases than to perform the same rollups in the database.
+

   * [[http://www.adobe.com|Adobe]]
    * We use Hadoop and HBase in several areas from social services to structured data storage and processing for internal use.