Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2006/07/17 18:00:02 UTC

Re: svn commit: r422748 - in /lenya/trunk/src: modules/xopus/ modules/xopus/config/ modules/xopus/config/cocoon-xconf/ modules/xopus/config/cocoon-xconf/input-modules/ modules/xopus/resources/ modules/xopus/resources/schemas/ modules/xopus/xslt/ modules/xo...

thorsten@apache.org wrote:
> Author: thorsten
> Date: Mon Jul 17 08:50:17 2006
> New Revision: 422748

> From Jonathan Addison. Thank you.

Jonathan and Thorsten, thanks for taking care of this!

[...]

> Added:

>     lenya/trunk/src/modules/xopus/resources/schemas/homepage.xsd   (with props)
>     lenya/trunk/src/modules/xopus/resources/schemas/xhtml.xsd   (with props)

We should avoid to put resource-type specific files in the
editor modules. The editor code and the resource types should
be orthogonal to each other. If this can't be achieved, we should
IMO rather put the intersection code into the resource type
modules, and treat it as "resource-type specific editor
configuration".

With the XSDs, the case is quite clear - they belong to the
resource type, not to the editor.

WDYT?

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann
andreas.hartmann@wyona.com                     andreas@apache.org

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg.de>.

!

> With the XSDs, the case is quite clear - they belong to the
> resource type, not to the editor.
>
> WDYT?

strongly agreed.

--
"Open source takes the bullshit out of software."
	- Charles Ferguson on TechnologyReview.com

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier, EDV-Administrator
Institut für Politikwissenschaft