Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Perry Hoekstra <du...@uswest.net> on 2001/06/20 22:00:10 UTC

Classpath and WebLogic 6.0sp2

Greet the sun all:

I am running into what I believe is a classpath/classloader problem
concerning Struts 1.0 and WebLogic 6.0sp2.  I run down the litany of
what I have done:

1) Started out creating a little HelloWorld-based app that linked two
JSPs through an ActionClass in order to confirm that I had Struts
configured correctly within WLS.  The struts.jar file was part of the
*.war file (in the lib directory) moved to WLS.  Everything worked
(yay)!

2.) Started working on my actual application.  Again, started out with
two JSPs linked through an ActionClass.  The struts.jar file was part of
the *.war file (in the lib directory) moved to WLS.  When I clicked on
the link, WLS threw ClassNotFoundException, identifying
org.apache.struts.action.Action as the culprit.  How could that be, I
asked?  The HelloWorld-based application worked and found
org.apache.struts.action.Action.  I tried the HelloWorld-app and
low-and-behold, it broke also, stating that it could not find a message
key.

3.) I have tried various combinations of having both Struts-enabled
applications have the struts.jar in the WEB-INF/lib (breaks one or the
other), having it on the WLS classpath (WLS throws ClassNotFound stating
that Struts classes not found in temporary directorys used by WLS), etc.
and no combination will allow both Struts-enabled applications to run
successfully with WLS.

Has anybody been able to run multiple Struts-enabled applications on WLS
and if so, how did you handle the classloader issue?

--
Perry Hoekstra
E-Commerce Architect

Re: Classpath and WebLogic 6.0sp2

Posted by Perry Hoekstra <du...@uswest.net>.
Do you have struts.jar on the WLS classpath or in the individual *.war
files?

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@yahoo.com>.