Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/02 19:04:22 UTC

Drag and Drop on Widget Layout Page

Is drag and drop supposed to be working?  I tried the following on both
Chrome and Firefox, and see:
* Create a new page using the wide+narrow layout
* Add an activity stream widget (goes into the left column)
* Add a different widget (in my case, the Google News one), also went into
left column
* Tried to drag the Google News widget to the right column
* Saw a very shortened rectangle in the right, and garbled text in the left.

This is with Rave trunk code from over the weekend.

Craig

Re: Drag and Drop on Widget Layout Page

Posted by Erin Noe-Payne <er...@gmail.com>.
Cool. Glad it's working - not a problem. =)

Posted by Erin Noe-Payne <er...@gmail.com>.
I am not able to reproduce running Firefox 20.0. Drag and drop appears
to be working fine for me.

- The errors that end with "Declaration dropped" are all related to
css. They can be safely ignored, and I believe firefox gives you a
filter button to hide them.
- The rave_api errors are coming from the functions for saving gadget
preferences. That shouldn't be getting invoked from drag and drop. Is
there a stack trace available for those errors?

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Erin Noe-Payne <er...@gmail.com>wrote:

> There was a bug in drag and drop, the fix was committed yesterday.
> Update your source and let me know if your issue persists.
>
> Just updated and still fails (Chrome+Linux, Firefox+Linux).  The only
difference is that in FF, the box on the right is short.  In both cases,
the hand cursor is still active.

Attached is a screen shot of the Chrome window after I've tried to drag the
Google News Gadget to the right.

Posted by Erin Noe-Payne <er...@gmail.com>.