Posted to user@bloodhound.apache.org by Vijay Varadan <vi...@axham.com> on 2015/03/19 14:43:01 UTC

PostgreSQL IntegrityError upgrading BH from v0.5 to v0.8

Hello,

I've been trying to upgrade Bloodhound from v0.5 to v0.8. I also tried
upgrading from v0.5 to v0.7 and get the same error below. I followed the
instructions at https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundUpgrade.
The version of PostgreSQL I'm using is 9.1.5 and I'm running on Ubuntu 12.04
with Python 2.7.3.

Error I get:
============

(bloodhound)root@vcs01:/srv/webapps/bloodhound# trac-admin
apache-bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/environments/knack upgrade
The upgrade failed. Please fix the issue and try again.

IntegrityError: duplicate key value violates unique constraint
"permission_pk"
DETAIL:  Key (username, action, product)=(authenticated, PRODUCT_VIEW, art)
already exists.

I've checked trac mailing list archives and BH mailing list archives as well
as tickets in BH, but I wasn't able to find any solution.

Does anyone know how to get past this?

Thanks,
Vijay
p.s. I tried to find BH v0.6 to try and upgrade to, but it's not available
anywhere.

Re: PostgreSQL IntegrityError upgrading BH from v0.5 to v0.8

Posted by Ryan J Ollos <rj...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 6:43 AM, Vijay Varadan <vi...@axham.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to upgrade Bloodhound from v0.5 to v0.8. I also tried
> upgrading from v0.5 to v0.7 and get the same error below. I followed the
> instructions at
> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundUpgrade.
> The version of PostgreSQL I'm using is 9.1.5 and I'm running on Ubuntu
> 12.04
> with Python 2.7.3.
>
> Error I get:
> ============
>
> (bloodhound)root@vcs01:/srv/webapps/bloodhound# trac-admin
> apache-bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/environments/knack upgrade
> The upgrade failed. Please fix the issue and try again.
>
> IntegrityError: duplicate key value violates unique constraint
> "permission_pk"
> DETAIL:  Key (username, action, product)=(authenticated, PRODUCT_VIEW, art)
> already exists.
>
> I've checked trac mailing list archives and BH mailing list archives as
> well
> as tickets in BH, but I wasn't able to find any solution.
>
> Does anyone know how to get past this?
>
> Thanks,
> Vijay
> p.s. I tried to find BH v0.6 to try and upgrade to, but it's not available
> anywhere.

I'll need to look at the upgrade scripts to be sure, but my first thought
is that you should just try revoking PRODUCT_VIEW from the authenticated
meta-group before running the upgrade again.