Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by "B.L. Zeebub" <ro...@googlemail.com> on 2010/07/21 16:48:20 UTC

Detecting Maximized/Minimized Windows

Does window.isMaximised() == false mean that the window is fully minimised on
the desktop toolbar or just that the window has at some time been reduced in
size from it's orginal opening size (i.e has been resized by the user)?

Further, is it possible to detect if my pivot window is open and viewable,
or is open but covered/hidden by another window?

Regards

Re: Detecting Maximized/Minimized Windows

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
> Does window.isMaximised() == false mean that the window is fully minimised on
> the desktop toolbar or just that the window has at some time been reduced in
> size from it's orginal opening size (i.e has been resized by the user)?

The maximized and minimized properties of a Pivot window apply to the Pivot display, not the native desktop. So there is no correlation between the max/min states and the taskbar (or Dock, or whatever). Pivot doesn't currently provide a means for managing window states, though it would not be difficult to write one.

> Further, is it possible to detect if my pivot window is open and viewable,
> or is open but covered/hidden by another window?

This isn't supported by the platform, but you could do it fairly easily by walking the display's child list. Note again that "window" refers to a Pivot window, not a native host frame. I don't believe this is possible at all with native windows (at least, not in a portable manner).