Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sachin Mittal <sj...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/25 14:54:22 UTC

Kafka trunk vs master branch

Hello Folks,
I just wanted to know what commits goes into what branch.

I see trunk branch which seems default and latest.
I also see master branch which seems bit behind trunk.
I also see different versions branches like 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4 which are also
actively updated.

I wanted to know when forking kafka repo, which is the branch one should
use base off to build from source or do any active development.

What is the difference between between trunk and master branch?
Also release branches are created from trunk or master branch?

Also when issuing a pull request which is the general branch one should use
as target?

Thanks
Sachin

Re: Kafka trunk vs master branch

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@confluent.io>.
Looks like someone pushed that branch by mistake. We should delete it.

Ismael

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
Thanks for the feedback.

I just deleted the `master` branch on GitHub.

-Matthias

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@confluent.io>.
+1.

Colin