Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/27 12:08:52 UTC

[Website] http://www.openoffice.org/download/legacy/index.html

I hope this is the right place to report this. There does not seem to
be a Bugzilla category for website content, and "Contact Us" only
refers to website technical issues.

http://www.openoffice.org/download/legacy/index.html

has the following sentences:

1) It's highly recommended not to use them but only when there is no
better choice.

2) OpenOffice.org is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public
License v3 (LGPL v3).

==

1) does not read well, it should be something like:

"It's highly recommended not to use them *except* when there is no
better choice."

2) is very ambiguous. To what does "OpenOffice.org" refer? The
website? The phrase? Some legacy software?

Please can it be clarified?

Thanks.

Re: [Website] http://www.openoffice.org/download/legacy/index.html

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the very prompt response, all looks good now.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 07/27/2013 12:08 PM, schrieb sebb:
> I hope this is the right place to report this. There does not seem to
> be a Bugzilla category for website content, and "Contact Us" only
> refers to website technical issues.
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/legacy/index.html
>
> has the following sentences:
>
> 1) It's highly recommended not to use them but only when there is no
> better choice.
>
> 2) OpenOffice.org is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public
> License v3 (LGPL v3).
>
> ==
>
> 1) does not read well, it should be something like:
>
> "It's highly recommended not to use them *except* when there is no
> better choice."

As you can maybe guess it was written by a non-native speaker. ;-)

> 2) is very ambiguous. To what does "OpenOffice.org" refer? The
> website? The phrase? Some legacy software?

The old software releases are meant.

Thanks for your hints, I've corrected the text.

Marcus