Posted to kerby@directory.apache.org by Marc Boorshtein <mb...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/08 18:40:46 UTC

Create keytab through Java

Hello, I'm trying to build a keytab using a user's principal and password.
I've got the following sample code:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23269894/can-i-generate-my-own-keytab-programmatically-in-java
which
is pretty old.  I'm integrating it with kerby 1.1.1 and it doesn't look
like KerberosKeyFactory exists anymore.  Is there an example of how to do
this with kerby 1.1.1?

Thanks
Marc

RE: Create keytab through Java

Posted by "Li, Jiajia" <ji...@intel.com>.
The example of creating keytab with principal and password:

  List<EncryptionKey> keys = EncryptionUtil.generateKeys(principal, password, encryptionTypes);

    List<KeytabEntry> lstEntries = new ArrayList<KeytabEntry>();
    for (EncryptionKey key : keys) {
      KeytabEntry keytabEntry = new KeytabEntry(
        principal, 1, new KerberosTime(), (byte) 1, key);
      lstEntries.add(keytabEntry);
    }

    Keytab keytab = new Keytab();
    keytab.addKeytabEntries(lstEntries);