Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steven Coco <co...@StevenCoco.com> on 2007/10/22 22:10:55 UTC

Site Plugin 2.0-beta-6-SNAPSHOT ".vm" filtering fails now

Hi.

I am having many troubles with the site plugin. One new one is in
filtering. The last snapshot version of 2.0-beta-6 allowed naming the
index page as "index.xml.vm" and this enabled filtering property values
into the page. In the latest update, the generated Web page name has now
become "index.xml.html" -- it used to be "index.html", which was
correct.

Anyone else see this problem? I'll try to file an issue.

I'm having other problems too. I'll write up another post with a
different subject for more questions there.

Thanks!

Ciao.
Steev Coco.

Re: Site Plugin 2.0-beta-6-SNAPSHOT ".vm" filtering fails now

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Olivier et Steven for the links.

We also had an experiment and had some problem to filtering the site file.
We will try again with these new inputs.

Rémy

RE: Site Plugin 2.0-beta-6-SNAPSHOT ".vm" filtering fails now

Posted by Steven Coco <co...@StevenCoco.com>.
I hope you got the info you wanted. The page filtering is only available
in the 2.0-beta-6-SNAPSHOT plugin. See here, under "filtering":

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/usage.html

I have also found that certain values will not filter properly into the
site file. It's too convoluted for me to be able to know specifically
which ones: I think that properties defined in profiles, which profiles
are defined in the settings file, do not work right.

Ciao!

Posted by LAMY Olivier <Ol...@accor.com>.

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Olivier,

Just renaming the page is enough.
> You have sample here :
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/site/trunk/src/site/apt/ file
> download.apt.vm
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/site/trunk/src/site/xdoc/ file
> index.xml.vm

Thanks, I will try.
What about the site.xml file ?

Rémy

RE: Site Plugin 2.0-beta-6-SNAPSHOT ".vm" filtering fails now

Posted by LAMY Olivier <Ol...@accor.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Steven Coco <co...@StevenCoco.com>.
That fixed it:

mvn -U -up clean site

Back to the usual.

Thanks.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> This might be because of the fix for
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-161
>
> Steven Coco wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I am having many troubles with the site plugin. One new one is in
>> filtering. The last snapshot version of 2.0-beta-6 allowed naming the
>> index page as "index.xml.vm" and this enabled filtering property values
>> into the page. In the latest update, the generated Web page name has now
>> become "index.xml.html" -- it used to be "index.html", which was
>> correct.
>>
>> Anyone else see this problem? I'll try to file an issue.
>>
>> I'm having other problems too. I'll write up another post with a
>> different subject for more questions there.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Ciao.
>> Steev Coco.

Dennis Lundberg

Re: Site Plugin 2.0-beta-6-SNAPSHOT ".vm" filtering fails now

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Steven Coco wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am having many troubles with the site plugin. One new one is in
> filtering. The last snapshot version of 2.0-beta-6 allowed naming the
> index page as "index.xml.vm" and this enabled filtering property values
> into the page. In the latest update, the generated Web page name has now
> become "index.xml.html" -- it used to be "index.html", which was
> correct.
>
> Anyone else see this problem? I'll try to file an issue.
>
> I'm having other problems too. I'll write up another post with a
> different subject for more questions there.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ciao.
> Steev Coco.

Dennis Lundberg