Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Marc Harris <mh...@jumptap.com> on 2008/02/29 19:08:22 UTC

How to apply a patch

I have not seen any instructions on how to apply a patch found in JIRA.
I assumed it was just
1) patch -p0 < patchfile
2) ant clean compile compile-contrib

This seems to build a file called hadoop-0.16.1-dev-hbase.jar. Not until
I manually renamed it hadoop-0.16.1-hbase.jar and copied it to the
correct location (everywhere I found the original version of
hadoop-0.16.1-hbase.jar) did the patch actually work.

Is there a problem with the build file, or did I just fail to find the
doc?

- Marc

Re: How to apply a patch

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Marc Harris wrote:
> I have not seen any instructions on how to apply a patch found in JIRA.
> I assumed it was just
> 1) patch -p0 < patchfile

That looks right Marc.

> 2) ant clean compile compile-contrib
>
> This seems to build a file called hadoop-0.16.1-dev-hbase.jar. Not until
> I manually renamed it hadoop-0.16.1-hbase.jar and copied it to the
> correct location (everywhere I found the original version of
> hadoop-0.16.1-hbase.jar) did the patch actually work.
>

> Is there a problem with the build file, or did I just fail to find the
> doc?

Could the problem have been that you had two hbase jars in your
CLASSPATH and the unpatched one was found first?

St.Ack