Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by 袖宏治 <so...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/07 01:22:02 UTC

backward compatibility

Hello, it is sode.
I created an index in lucene 6.1. I want to use the index created in lucene
6.1 with lucene 6.6.
In lucene 6.6 I looked up index in lucene 6.1. The following Error has
occurred.
Could not load codec 'Lucene 60'. Did you forget to add lucene - backward -
codecs.jar?
  I put lucene-backward-codecs.jar in library Path, but it got similarly
Error.
Is the index of lucene 6.1 unusable in lucene 6.6?

Re: backward compatibility

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
Yes it should be usable. You said you got a "similar" error, can you share
it?