Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Mohit <mo...@huawei.com> on 2011/02/02 08:13:38 UTC

Query on Hadoop-1849 with respect to latest working trunk.

Hello Authors,

I have a query, just by seeing the code, didn't tested though, the code
changes with respect to defect Hadoop-1849 against latest
trunk[HADOOP-COMMON].

The defect was raised quite a long time back to make call queue size per IPC
handler configurable from core-default.xml.

The snippet in Server.java

this.maxQueueSize = handlerCount *
conf.getInt(CommonConfigurationKeys.IPC_SERVER_HANDLER_QUEUE_SIZE_KEY,
CommonConfigurationKeys. IPC_SERVER_HANDLER_QUEUE_SIZE_DEFAULT);

which calculates the queue size based on input configuration and if the
property not found, 100 is treated as default.

The property key in the java code explodes to ipc.server.handler.queue.size
but in core-default.xml it is named as ipc.server.listen.queue.size.

Kindly help me clear the confusion on this which is the correct property to
be configured for queue size, or it is really an issue in latest trunk.

Note :- I didn't found any deprecation entry for this particular property in
method addDeprecatedKeys() in Configuration.java like I found for
"fs.defaultFS" , "fs.df.interval" etc.

-Mohit

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is

Re: Query on Hadoop-1849 with respect to latest working trunk.

Posted by Aaron Kimball <ak...@gmail.com>.
Mohit,

Thanks for tracking this down -- it sounds like a bug. Please file a bug
report at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP

- Aaron