Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/22 05:15:58 UTC

Re: Possible MINA application

Hello Richard,

2005/9/20, Richard Huntley <rh...@adam.com.au>:

> I hope you don't mind me contacting you about this but I couldn't find
> an answer to my question on the MINA website.

You could use MINA forum or mailing list. :)

I am currently working on a project for the educational sector which
> involves Macromedia Flash clients connecting to a multi-user game
> server. Essentially it is a framework for deploying Flash based
> educational games.

I see.

Because of a licensing issue I am looking to replace the current
> commercial multi-user socket server with a suitable alternative.
> In short, would the MINA framework (combined with a user/room management
> application) be a suitable replacement for a multi-user socket server?
> Would it be suitable for the high volume, low latency, traffic required
> of a multi-user game server?

The number of users might depend, but it is known that MINA performs very
good and is scalable enough. Of course the Apache Directory project team
will actively support you whenever you find any problems with performance
and scalability.

Thanks,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/