Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2003/05/20 12:58:50 UTC

[math] (mavenized) web site is up

i've uploaded a basic, maven (http://maven.apache.org) generated site:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/math/

at the moment, it's still very much at the outline stage so get those
patches in people :)

for those who aren't familiar with maven, then the xml files in xdocs are
used to generate the documentation (together with the plugins specified in
the project.xml) so these are the files to patch. in order to regenerate
the documentation install maven and type maven site:generate.

mark - if you want to submit a patch for project.xml then i'll make sure
that your credit appears.

- robert

Re: [commons] New commiter Mark R. Diggory

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@mwm.lt>.
Thanx,
It seems problems are solved and I will not forget this next time.
Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 08:37 PM, Mark R. Diggory wrote:

> As well, just to update everyone who's conversing about this, Robert
> emailed me earlier concerning username info. I passed info onto him
> directly. I'm not sure if he is PMC?

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/whoweare.html

but all i was going to do was re-post to pmc (and maybe infrastructure).
now conor's on the case, it'll be sorted soon :)

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
As well, just to update everyone who's conversing about this, Robert
emailed me earlier concerning username info. I passed info onto him
directly. I'm not sure if he is PMC? Anyways, thanks for everyone
looking into this. I understand these things take a little time to work
out. I'm not in a hurry.

-M.

Mark R. Diggory wrote:

> I downloaded the contributor contract and will be faxing that out to
> Apache on my end. I'm not sure if this may start the process.
>
> -Mark
>
> Who is the responsible party who is in the 'Commons PMC'?
>
>>     You need to ensure that the new committer fills out the
>>     appropriate forms (including the CLA
>>     <http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html#general>). In order to
>>     get the user account and karma (aka CVS write access to a
>>     repository), you need to send an email to /root at apache.org/
>>     requesting a new account to be created. In order to expedite the
>>     process, please use the following form:
>>
>> To: root
>> Cc: pmc@<project>.apache.org, newcommitters@email.address
>> Subject: Apache account request
>>
>> Full name:                ...
>> Preferred userid:         ... [please provide acceptable alternates!]
>> Forwarding email address: ...
>>
>> Requested karma:          <project>[/<subproject>] ...
>>
>> [Vote:                     link to mail archive for PMC bookkeeping]
>>
>>     If you are *not* a member of the responsible PMC and send in an
>>     account request, you will be dealt with accordingly. We will only
>>     honor requests from recognized PMC members with a CC to the PMC as
>>     well. (We know who you are.)
>>
>>     Once the request has been received, a person with root access will
>>     create the account and reply accordingly.
>>
> -Mark
>

> Juozas Baliuka wrote:
>
>> Sorry,
>> I proposed the vote. Do I need to send vote results to root@apache.org ?

>>> 2. nominate a userid, preferred email address

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt>.
Sorry,

Posted by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com>.
On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 18:22, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> IMHO, the normal process is for the person who proposed the vote to send a
> request for your account to root, copying the PMC. This tells the PMC what is
> going on, satisfying its oversight requirements and lets root know the PMC
> has been informed. I don't think the PMC needs to actually initiate the
> request.

According to http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html, infrastructure "will
only honor requests from recognized PMC members with a CC to the PMC as
well".  Although, I'm not so sure how strictly this is enforced.

Re: [commons] New commiter Mark R. Diggory

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.

Re: [new-committer] [RESULT] Re: [commons] New commiter Mark R. Diggory was Re: [VOTE] new commiter Mark R. Diggory

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
someone should contact you to get paper work in order. there is some
general stuff on the foundation site (http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.
html) which you might like to browse (but i'm not sure how relevant it is)
.

i know that a some of the infrastructure dudes are out-and-about at the
moment so the process may be a little slow. i'll chase it up on pmc (and
infrastructure). if you happen to have a particular preference for your
apache user name, then let me know.

- robert

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.

Posted by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com>.

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt>.
I have counted +5,

Re: [VOTE] new commiter Mark R. Diggory was Re: [math] (mavenized) web site is up

Posted by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com>.
+1

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> +1

----------------------
Tim O'Brien
Evanston, IL
(847) 863-7045
tobrien@discursive.com

Re: [VOTE] new commiter Mark R. Diggory was Re: [math] (mavenized) web site is up

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
+1

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@mwm.lt>.

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> mark - if you want to submit a patch for project.xml then i'll make sure
> that your credit appears.

Looks like Tim just got this one into CVS. Thanks though.

-Mark

Re: [math] (mavenized) web site is up

Posted by Tim O'Brien <to...@discursive.com>.
On Tue, 20 May 2003, Phil Steitz wrote:

> robert burrell donkin wrote:
> Is there a particular version of maven that I should use?  Should I just
> grab the latest release?

Maven appears to be close to a release, your best bet is to build from the
latest source.  Check out the source, and follow the bootstrap build
directions:
http://maven.apache.org/start/bootstrap.html

Re: [math] (mavenized) web site is up

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> i've uploaded a basic, maven (http://maven.apache.org) generated site:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/math/
>
> at the moment, it's still very much at the outline stage so get those
> patches in people :)

Thanks, robert!!!  Will do.