Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Roger Kjensrud <rk...@CJ.COM> on 2001/02/05 23:54:13 UTC

Problems with iterate tag

Hello,

I'm trying to use the iterate tag to access a Model object that contains an ArrayList. The ArrayList in turn contains objects containing the data I would like to present to the user. However, I can't get it to work. Here's the code that works:
<%
LinkModel model = (LinkModel)request.getAttribute("linkModel");
ArrayList rs = model.getResultSet();
LinkQueryForm lqForm = (LinkQueryForm)rs.get(0);
%>
Affiliate ID: <%=lqForm.getAffiliateId()%>
Integer ID: <%=lqForm.getIntegerId()%>

In the Action class, I do the following:
request.setAttribute("linkModel", linkModel), where linkModel is an instance of the LinkModel class.

I thought by using the iterate tag, the following should work:

<logic:iterate id="linkQueryForm" name="linkModel" property="resultSet">
<bean:write name="linkQueryForm" property="affiliateId" filter="true"/>
<bean:write name="linkQueryForm" property="categoryId" filter="true"/>
<bean:write name="linkQueryForm" property="integerId" filter="true"/>
</logic:iterate>

However, I get the following error:
No getter method for bean linkModel and property resultSet

Well, the the LinkModel contains the getResultSet() method, so I'm little puzzled here... I'm using the latest nightly build.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Roger Kjensrud

Re: Problems with iterate tag

Posted by Chris Evans <ch...@canlink.com>.
I don't see a <jsp:useBean /> tag in your code???

Something like this...

        <jsp:useBean
            id="linkModel"
            scope="request"