Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Sebastian Stelmasik <se...@x-cell.com> on 2005/07/14 16:31:52 UTC

Deleting pages in own pubs

Hi all,
I'm getting crazy trying to delete some pages in my own publication.
Some can be deleted or moved into archive and some (especially Home,
which I do not need in my application). I just can't delete whatever I try.
What are the pre-requisites to delete a page?

Best regards,

Sebastian

Re: Deleting pages in own pubs

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Sebastian Stelmasik wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm getting crazy trying to delete some pages in my own publication.
> Some can be deleted or moved into archive and some (especially Home,
> which I do not need in my application). I just can't delete whatever I
> try.
> What are the pre-requisites to delete a page?

Not sure if this will work in this special case. There is a small trick
to do that:

1. - Deactivate the page.
2. - Delete the page.

If you don't have the page in the edition mode, but there is on the live
mode, then create a new empty page in the same URL, and publish it, then
deactivate it and delete the page.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Deleting pages in own pubs

Posted by Sebastian Stelmasik <se...@x-cell.com>.
Yes my publication is bases on the default one. I use lenya 1.2.4
deployed on Tomcat 5.5.9 on Windows (sorry I forgot to mention it
before). If deleting the homepage is forbidden - how do I override this?

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian

Andreas Hartmann schrieb:

> Sebastian Stelmasik wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I'm getting crazy trying to delete some pages in my own publication.
>> Some can be deleted or moved into archive and some (especially Home,
>> which I do not need in my application). I just can't delete whatever
>> I try.
>

> I assume your publication is based on the default publication?
> You can't delete a page that is live.
> I'm not quite sure, but maybe deleting the homepage is forbidden.
> If you don't like this behaviour, just override the functionality in
> your publication.
>
> -- Andreas

Sebastian Stelmasik
X-CELL COMMUNICATIONS GmbH
--------------------------

Office Ratingen
Broichhofstr. 13
40880 Ratingen
Phone:  +49 (0)2102/55344-39
Fax:    +49 (0)2102/55344-40
--------------------------

Office Düsseldorf
Glockenstr. 33c
40476 Düsseldorf
Phone:  +49 (0)211/58040-30
Fax:    +49 (0)211/58040-31
--------------------------

web:    www.x-cell.com
e-mail: sebastian.stelmasik@x-cell.com

X-CELL COMMUNICATIONS unterstützt Ihren Unternehmenserfolg durch Konzeption,
Realisierung und Betreuung von innovativen webbasierten
Kommunikationslösungen.

X-CELL COMMUNICATIONS ensures the success of your company by conceptual
design, development and support of innovative web-based solutions for
optimization of communication processes.

Re: Deleting pages in own pubs

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.