Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Robert Crawford <cr...@kloognome.com> on 2003/01/09 22:05:38 UTC

Error rendering Velocity template: null

I've been getting this error in place of portlet contents:

"org.apache.turbine.util.TurbineException: Error rendering Velocity
template: null"

The only thing that shows up in the logs is "Error rendering Velocity
template: null: null".

The problem appears to happen during the call to the portlet's
getContent(). I've checked, and the portlet object exists, but the
portlet's buildNormalContext() method is not being called.

I'm sure this is a configuration problem, and I've seen a few messages
in the archives that mention similar problems, but not the solution. Has
anyone else seen this, and if so, what was the problem?

Thanks!

Re: Error rendering Velocity template: null

Posted by Robert Crawford <cr...@kloognome.com>.
Robert Crawford wrote:
> I've been getting this error in place of portlet contents:
>
> "org.apache.turbine.util.TurbineException: Error rendering Velocity
> template: null"
>
> The only thing that shows up in the logs is "Error rendering Velocity
> template: null: null".

I've managed to fix it; apparently there was a problem with a local
subclass of the TitlePortletControl. Reverting to the default fixes the
problem.