Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by FOP project-Vienna <pd...@gmx.at> on 2002/07/05 14:38:48 UTC

odd and even

Hi there!

Is there any possibility to use different styles in the fo:static and
fo:flow-region according to odd or even pages?
The only thing I´ve found out is that you can create a
conditional-page-master for odd or even pages with a different page-format but there is no
documentation how to create a different layout for the right and left page without
using different page-masters...
In my document I have a block in the fo:static of region-before which should
appear left on left pages and right on right pages.  Also the table in the
fo:flow of the region-body should look a bit different.
Another problem is that I already have a page-sequence-master because every
article (and there are lots of them) from the xml-file uses a special
page-master for the first page and another one for the following pages.  So I cannot
use conditional-page-master also!!?!

It looks like this:
<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="repeat">
  <fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="firstpage" />
  <fo:repeatable-page-master-reference master-reference="longtext" maximum-
    repeats="no-limit" />
</fo:page-sequence-master>

Does anyone understand my problem?
Maybe there is no other chance than using conditional-page-masters but then
I have to find another way to generate the article like it works now (see
code above)...

Please help me...
Thanxs a lot,
Marion