Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Su...@att.net on 2002/11/06 16:43:22 UTC

[users@httpd] Difference between PUT and POST

Help !   I am working with an application that requires data be sent to an HTTP
server via a PUT or a POST.  The data is XML or EDI formatted messages in AS2.
We have an Apache server with the mod_put module and a cgi program.   We
receive the complete message when it is sent with a PUT but we are missing some
of the AS2 headers if it is sent with a POST.   We are using the same PERL
script to handle the PUT and the POST.   Does anyone know what the PERL script
needs to handle differently for the POST so that we get the AS2 headers ?

Regards,
Suzanne