Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by fpapon <fp...@apache.org> on 2023/01/20 10:25:45 UTC

[VOTE] Set minimal JDK11 for Shiro 2.x

Hi,

After several discussion on the mailing, I would like to start a vote to
set the minimal version of the JDK to the version 11 starting to Shiro 2.x.

Vote open for 72 hours:

[ ] +1 (set JDK11 min version for Shiro 2.x)
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 (please include reasoning)

regards,

François

Re: [VOTE] Set minimal JDK11 for Shiro 2.x

Posted by Brian Demers <br...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by fpapon <fp...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.
+1 (nb)

Posted by Benjamin Marwell <bm...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Steve Lopez <st...@stacksports.com>.
+1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Regards
JB

Posted by Emond Papegaaij <em...@gmail.com>.
+1, please move to JDK 11 and Jakarta 9 (or 10), which also requires JDK 11.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Posted by Brian Demers <br...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Anas Mughal <an...@gmail.com>.
0

I vote to stay on Java 8 unless there is an important feature in 11.

--
Anas Mughal

Re: [VOTE] Set minimal JDK11 for Shiro 2.x

Posted by Anas Mughal <an...@gmail.com>.
0

--
Anas Mughal

Re: [VOTE] Set minimal JDK11 for Shiro 2.x

Posted by le...@flowlogix.com.

Posted by Andreas Reichel <an...@manticore-projects.com>.
Greetings.

I vote with a "0".

Meaning you should keep it at java 8 as long as possible until you implement a
shiro 2 feature that depends hard on java 11. I would not sacrifice any
features for java 8 compatibility.

Cheers