Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Raja Pullela <ra...@citrix.com> on 2015/09/30 09:05:40 UTC

test_nicira_controller.py is failing on all Advzone - XS, KVM

Hi Miguel or someone's familiar with this test,

Can you please provide documentation around how to get these tests running ?
BTW - looks like this is a new test that was added on Aug 25th 2015.

Thanks,
Raja

=== TestName: None | Status : EXCEPTION ===
ERROR

ERROR: test suite for <class 'integration.smoke.test_nicira_controller.TestNiciraContoller'>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nose/suite.py", line 209, in run
    self.setUp()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nose/suite.py", line 292, in setUp
    self.setupContext(ancestor)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nose/suite.py", line 315, in setupContext
    try_run(context, names)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nose/util.py", line 470, in try_run
    return func()
  File "/root/cloudstack/test/integration/smoke/test_nicira_controller.py", line 46, in setUpClass
    cls.nicira_hosts      = cls.config.niciraNvp.hosts
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'hosts'
-------------------- >> begin captured stdout << ---------------------
=== TestName: None | Status : EXCEPTION ===

--------------------- >> end captured stdout << ----------------------
-------------------- >> begin captured logging << --------------------
CSLog: CRITICAL: EXCEPTION: None: ['Traceback (most recent call last):\n', '  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nose/suite.py", line 209, in run\n    self.setUp()\n', '  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nose/suite.py", line 292, in setUp\n    self.setupContext(ancestor)\n', '  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nose/suite.py", line 315, in setupContext\n    try_run(context, names)\n', '  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nose/util.py", line 470, in try_run\n    return func()\n', '  File "/root/cloudstack/test/integration/smoke/test_nicira_controller.py", line 46, in setUpClass\n    cls.nicira_hosts      = cls.config.niciraNvp.hosts\n', "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'hosts'\n"]
--------------------- >> end captured logging << ---------------------

XML: /root/marvinxKcIvFqe/results.xml
Ran 0 tests in 0.002s

FAILED (errors=1)

Re: test_nicira_controller.py is failing on all Advzone - XS, KVM

Posted by Raja Pullela <ra...@citrix.com>.
Hi Miguel... guess, I don't see/understand the improvement here.  thanks for your contributions though!

best,
Raja

Posted by Raja Pullela <ra...@citrix.com>.
Hi Miguel,

point is to avoid any conditional coding to run BVTs.  the setup is simple and takes all the tests under "integration/smoke" as is and runs thru nosetests.

My 2cents, "skip" state is the right way to implement for this - most of the test scripts are implemented like this - skip the test if  some configuration is missing or not available.  However, as a part of the verification process, You will have to look at "pass, skip, failed" test to make sure you are all good with the Tests whether it is BVT or something else.

If anyone else, had any history around "skipTest" purpose, please chime in.

Best,
Raja

Sample code from couple of test scripts:
 (1) self.skipTest("Skip test as setup is either not VMWare or  having less than 2 clusters %s" % self.hypervisor)

(2)
def setUp(self):
self.cleanup = []
if self.skiptest:
self.skipTest("This test is to be checked on xenserver only  Hence, skip for %s" % self.hypervisor)

Posted by Raja Pullela <ra...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hi Raja,

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.