Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com> on 2006/05/11 21:02:29 UTC

[m2] release:prepare and Better Builds book

I tried the command from the "Better Builds With Maven "book page 222 in my
copy:

mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true

It modifies my parent pom and checks things into Subversion. There are no
files named pom.xml.next or pom.xml.tag that I can find in the parent
project folder as the book suggests. It doesn't seem like much of a dry run.

The poms for the children are all modified but not checked in anywhere.

Finally, the tag is checked in (or copied, whatever you call it) in
Subversion but the contents of the checkin is only the parent folder and its
subfolders.

Does the release plugin not handle the form of multiple projects where the
parent is in the "base" folder and all the children are in "base" and the
parent pom refers to the children as ../child1 while each child refers to
its parent as ../parent?

Does the book refer to an, as yet, unreleased version of the release plugin?

Thanks.

-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee@leemeador.com

Re: [m2] release:prepare and Better Builds book

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lee,

The plugin is all but released. We're just waiting on the revival of
the Apache hardware that hosts it to push the plugin out and announce
it.

- Brett