Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Lucio Piccoli <lu...@asteriski.com> on 2013/07/01 08:54:52 UTC

jdk1.7/appengine Could not access AddResource error

Hi MyFaces Team,

We have been working with MyFaces in Google App Engine's platform and
everything works well until we upgraded to java sdk 1.7.

Our issue is with the error (on our local development server):

SEVERE: Could not access AddResource class
java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class
com.google.appengine.tools.development.agent.runtime.Runtime can not access
a member of class org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.DefaultAddResource
with modifiers "protected"

at sun.reflect.Reflection.ensureMemberAccess(Reflection.java:105)
at
com.google.appengine.tools.development.agent.runtime.Runtime$22.run(Runtime.java:488)
.
.

Im not sure if this affects our application in any way because as of the
moment it is working just as well, but we are still concerned nonetheless.

Our problem lies in the fact that
"org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.DefaultAddResource" has no public
"default" or any public constructor at all.
Right, we are doing a sort of workaround to get over this problem by
extending the DefaultAddResource class with a public constructor with a
call to super().
and explicitely used it in our context param:

<context-param>
<param-name>org.apache.myfaces.ADD_RESOURCE_CLASS</param-name>
<param-value>com.asteriski.mingle.venueportal.myfaces.MerchantPortalAddResourceClass</param-value>
</context-param>

For now this is working without problem. We are just curious on why myfaces
uses the "protected" access modified for the DefaultAddResource class.

Again, this issue may very likely be NOT a MyFaces issue since you might be
using that to control the instantiation of the DefaultAddResource object
internally.
Maybe this is java7.

Specs for our maven dependencies:

group/artifact/version
org.apache.myfaces.core/ myfaces-api /2.1.11
org.apache.myfaces.core/ myfaces-impl /2.1.11
org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk / tomahawk20 / 1.1.14

any idea why this fails on jdk1.7?

--
regards

-Lucio Piccoli

Director
------------------------------
www.asteriski.com

Re: jdk1.7/appengine Could not access AddResource error

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

2013/7/1 Lucio Piccoli <lu...@asteriski.com>:
> Hi MyFaces Team,
>
> We have been working with MyFaces in Google App Engine's platform and
> everything works well until we upgraded to java sdk 1.7.
>
> Our issue is with the error (on our local development server):
>
> SEVERE: Could not access AddResource class
> java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class
> com.google.appengine.tools.development.agent.runtime.Runtime can not access
> a member of class org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.DefaultAddResource
> with modifiers "protected"
>
> at sun.reflect.Reflection.ensureMemberAccess(Reflection.java:105)
> at
> com.google.appengine.tools.development.agent.runtime.Runtime$22.run(Runtime.java:488)
> .
> .
>

> Im not sure if this affects our application in any way because as of the
> moment it is working just as well, but we are still concerned nonetheless.
>

> Our problem lies in the fact that
> "org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.DefaultAddResource" has no public
> "default" or any public constructor at all.
> Right, we are doing a sort of workaround to get over this problem by
> extending the DefaultAddResource class with a public constructor with a
> call to super().
> and explicitely used it in our context param:
>

> <context-param>
> <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.ADD_RESOURCE_CLASS</param-name>
> <param-value>com.asteriski.mingle.venueportal.myfaces.MerchantPortalAddResourceClass</param-value>
> </context-param>
>
> For now this is working without problem. We are just curious on why myfaces
> uses the "protected" access modified for the DefaultAddResource class.
>

> Again, this issue may very likely be NOT a MyFaces issue since you might be
> using that to control the instantiation of the DefaultAddResource object
> internally.
> Maybe this is java7.
>
> Specs for our maven dependencies:
>
> group/artifact/version
> org.apache.myfaces.core/ myfaces-api /2.1.11
> org.apache.myfaces.core/ myfaces-impl /2.1.11
> org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk / tomahawk20 / 1.1.14
>
> any idea why this fails on jdk1.7?

No idea why it fails with jdk 1.7 (maybe GAE is using some kind of
reflection to check the code), but I think change from protected to
public is not a problem.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe