Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Cameron Zemek <ca...@instaclustr.com> on 2019/09/12 00:10:14 UTC

Attention to serious bug CASSANDRA-15081

Have had multiple customer hit this CASSANDRA-15081 issue now, where
upgrading from older versions the sstables contain an unknown column (its
not present in the dropped_columns in the schema)

This bug is serious as reads return incorrect results and if you run scrub
it will drop the row. So hoping to bring it some attention to have the
issue resolved. Note I have included a patch that I think does not cause
any regressions elsewhere.

Regards,
Cameron

Re: Attention to serious bug CASSANDRA-15081

Posted by Blake Eggleston <be...@apple.com.INVALID>.
This looks like a dupe of CASSANDRA-15086, which has been committed and will be included in 3.0.19.