Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2017/02/09 09:11:14 UTC

[FlexJS] Injection library

Hi,

I'm trying to craft an Injection library for FlexJS based on Flex 4 Swiz
Framework.

So in order to do this, I would need some support. First is to know more
about "ApplicationDomain" in FlexJS

does we have something similar in FlexJS?

Thanks

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: [FlexJS] Injection library

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Piotr,

I always thought Swiz was more easy, simple, confortable and also very
powerful :)

> Carlos,
>
> Out of curious you did choose Swiz as an example cause you know this
> framework ? Why not Parsley which seems to be more popular back in the day.
>
> Piotr
>

> -----
> Apache Flex PMC
> piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] Injection library

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Alex, while I understand your proposal I will prefer to have not only
that mechanism but
as well falcon to know more about metadata and evolve to make more things.
Having best of both worlds looks more "flex"-ible to me :)

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] Injection library

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Alex,

DI frameworks has many more things. For example If I configure a model bean
of type ProductModel and give it an id of "productModel", in each class I
declare a
var productModel:ProductModel, the framework will inject it.

With bead/strands we would need to make that in all declarations.
As well, beads/strands seems to be very prepared for MXML but not to be
tweaked in AS3

Other things that never came to Swiz, or other similar frameworks, and I'd
love to see here:
For example if you want to affect various objects of a type a inject some
behavior
(imagine some logging behaviour)

Metadata as well is something very powerful and I expect we could get more
of this in the future
both in compiler and language (like Generics) or in a DI framework

Other thinks I like it is validation based on metadata (like people at
GraniteDS did)
I always thought that old Flex validation was not covering all things, and
I expect to have
validation behaviour attached to the VO, POJO or DTO variable.

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] Injection library

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
>If you want injection and PureMVC maybe you should check fabrication [1]

This probably also need some refactoring to remove the mx/flash
depenencies...

Olaf

Re: [FlexJS] Injection library

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Carlos,

If you want injection and PureMVC maybe you should check fabrication [1]

[1] https://github.com/rafalszemraj/fabrication

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] Injection library

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
I check PureMVC many years ago, and liked it so much. But For me Swiz (or
Parsely) has sometihing I can't pass without... Dependency Injection. For
me annotations or metadata is a must, not only in this kind of micro
architectures, but a must in other type of code. For example validation
with annotation like in GraniteDS, was great as well...that makes
development easier and enjoyable. Hope we could bring all this to FlexJS
since is what could make the difference

> I like Swiz too.. all the others need more code to get things started, but
> I believe it's really tight to flex, if other mvc frameworks are easier to
> port, I think you should go for the fastest way..

> > Hi ,
> > I don't want to start a framework discussion here but I'm loving PureMVC
> > and
> > would like to describe my point of view:
> >
> > I'm using PureMVC for years and these days it turns out that is more
> > powerful than ever for me.
> >
> > I remember a lot of discussions regarding AS3 framework benchmarks and
> > their
> > particular features a few years ago. And I also remember that Cliff Hall
> > (the author of PureMVC) was never tired to explain why PureMVC is like it
> > is
> > and why it doesn't implement the "hottest shit" [1].
> >
> > Years later I understand Cliffs ideas behind PureMVC more and more. Today
> > we
> > can just grab a copy of PureMVC and compile it to JavaScript... it works
> > with FlexJS out of the box!
> >
> > The other big advantage of PureMVC is that it was ported to nearly any
> > relevant programming language.
> > And if there's no port for your favorite language available you've a fair
> > chance to implement it by yourself cause PureMVC consist of just a few
> > classes and interfaces.
> > At the end this means that you've a faire chance to port your complete
> > business logic of of your valuable apps to any other programming
> language.
> > Maybe this will be never happen but to know that it would be possible
> > calmed
> > down ;-)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Olaf
> >

> > [1] Quote of http://puremvc.org/
> > While the "release early, release often" development philosophy can help
> > team learn what their product should do, if that product is a framework,
> > adopters often tire of trying to hit a moving target. With PureMVC, we
> > nailed down the scope early on, fixed the bugs, and let it be.
> >

> > --

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] Injection library

Posted by Dev LFM <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.
I ported Robotlegs to Starling a while back, and that conversion wasn't too
complicated. That might be another good candidate for FlexJS.

- Josh

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
We used PureMVC which worked as-is with no modifications at all.

I think PureMVC is much simpler than Swiz though.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Carlos,

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Thanks Alex,

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] Injection library

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
HI Alex,

Swiz use ApplicaionDomain extensively. If we don't have yet and doesn't
have sense in FlexJS world I can try to remove it.

At last this wouldn't be Swiz at all, but new code that is based in the
Swiz principles. I think we could even rename it to other name. I was
thinking on "Struct", "Spash" or "Injezz" so we could refer to easily

I have to see what we have in Reflection.swc since Swiz uses flash
reflection classes, and I expect we have some port that I could use as
substitution. As well it has it's own reflection package that handles its
own set of needs.

Thanks

--

Carlos Rovira