Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brice Vandeputte <bv...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/03 09:59:26 UTC

maven site : maven-project-info-reports-plugin version warnings and deps behind a proxy

Hi all,

 I would like to generate a site using mvn site
 I'm behind a proxy at generation time and got the following output from
the maven site command:

*Output 1: MPIR version*
[INFO] --- maven-site-plugin:3.4:site (default-site) @ myProject ---
[WARNING] Report plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-project-info-reports-plugin has an empty
version.
[WARNING]
[WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they
threaten the stability of your build.
[WARNING]
[WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support
building such malformed projects.
(...)

*Output 2: **MPIR** dependencies*
[INFO] Generating "Dependencies" report         ---
maven-project-info-reports-plugin:2.8:dependencies
[WARNING] The repository url 'http://download.oracle.com/maven' is invalid
- Repository 'oracle.releases' will be blacklisted.
[WARNING] The repository url 'http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org' is
invalid - Repository 'codehaus-snapshots' will be black
listed.
[WARNING] The repository url 'http://repository.codehaus.org' is invalid -
Repository 'codehaus' will be blacklisted.
[WARNING] The repository url 'http://download.java.net/maven/glassfish' is
invalid - Repository 'glassfish-repository' will be bla
cklisted.
(...)

I've got 2 questions:
----
- Output1 *MPIR version*: if "maven-project-info-reports-plugin" is now
embedded by maven site why should we set explicitely a version for this
plugin ? how to do that ?
   I tryed to add 2.8 version as maven site sub dependencies, as project
dependencies directly, and as dependencyManagement/dependencies but that
doesn't remove these warnings..? maybe maven site pom himself refers to
this plugin without version ?

- Output 2 *MPIR** dependencies*: I think this warnings is due to a network
issue. So if this is the case, how to set a proxy for the
"maven-project-info-reports-plugin" plugin ?
   I send a question on SO for these :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31748832/maven-site-plugin-is-not-working-well-behind-a-proxy

Regards
NB/// thanks @KarlHM for your answer to my previous question (release
plugin doc)

 Brice

Re: maven site : maven-project-info-reports-plugin version warnings and deps behind a proxy

Posted by Brice Vandeputte <bv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hervé,
 You right, pluginManagement/plugins solve my warnings.
 And for proxy settings, I'm sorry ; my settings was correctly configured.
So these warnings are expected : repositories listed into the logs as
warnings are moved/closed/deprecated.

thanks ; that's ok now.
regards

Posted by he...@free.fr.