Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Daniel Ridings <da...@yahoo.se> on 2000/05/16 16:42:08 UTC

Support classes for producers

I am getting closer and closer to understanding how to
convert a servlet to a producer and I want to thank
those how have helped with advice and tips.

Now I'm getting messages that the producer can't be
instantiated. The producer itself needs a lot of other
classes.

I put the producer in various places, most recently in
the root for servlets /servlets/myProducer.

I take that to mean that my full class path in
cocoon.propterties can be:

producer.type.xmlConc = myProducer

I've done this with things that are simpler and get
them to work, so that part of the mechanics seem to be
ok.

If the support classes are there or somewhere else in
JVM's CLASSPATH, should that be enough or am I missing
something here (or should I look for somewhere else
for my mistakes).

The error log is:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
concProducer: could not instantiate concProducer
	at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native
Method)
	at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled
Code)
	at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Exception.(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.RuntimeException.(Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFactory.init(ProducerFactory.java:72)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:89)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.(Engine.java:149)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:190)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:119)
	at
org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.load_init(JServServletManager.java:569)
	at
org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.loadServlet(JServServletManager.java:488)
	at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:266)
	at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:485)