Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kazimierz Pogoda <hs...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/06 16:36:44 UTC

Cocoon and GWT

We are developing application using Cocoon and Google Web Toolkit. The
idea is simple - some of HTMLs generated by cocoon will load
javascript code compiled by GWT. The Javascript code is calling GWT
RPC services.

One of JS application functionalities is a login window. Any user
authentication attempt will effect in credentials being passed to RPC
service. The RPC service is a servlet extending standard GWT
RemoteServiceServlet, thus we have access to HttpRequest, HttpResponse
on this level. It was quite easy to provide RPC service implementation
authenticating against some external service like LDAP, and storing
authentication information in HttpSession.

The problem we are facing now is: how to integrate this GWT
application with Cocoon Authentication? We want to limit access to
some resources defined in sitemap, however authentication should be
performed by GWT RPC servlet which is not a part of standard sitemap
processing.

We tried to use ApplicationManager in GWT RPC servlet and we failed
with "Unable to locate current environment." IllegalStateException. I
hope someone will have some hints.

--
"Meaning is differential not referential"

kazik 'morisil' pogoda
http://www.xemantic.com/ http://blog.xemantic.com/

Re: Cocoon and GWT

Posted by Maximilian Hütter <mh...@blue-elephant-systems.com>.
Hi,

we are using Cocoon (2.1) with GWT too. But I can't help you with your
problem, as we are integrating the GWT-based pages in the normal Cocoon
processing. We don't use the GWT-RPC but classic XML-RPC and the Cocoon
sitemap with custom Generators and Flowscript. I think if you used GWT
directly with Cocoon you should be able to access the authentication
framework from Cocoon.
I am very much interested in hearing more about how you use the two
together. How did you integrate the GWT-servlet with the Cocoon-servlet?

Best regards,

Max

Kazimierz Pogoda schrieb:
> We are developing application using Cocoon and Google Web Toolkit. The
> idea is simple - some of HTMLs generated by cocoon will load
> javascript code compiled by GWT. The Javascript code is calling GWT
> RPC services.
>
> One of JS application functionalities is a login window. Any user
> authentication attempt will effect in credentials being passed to RPC
> service. The RPC service is a servlet extending standard GWT
> RemoteServiceServlet, thus we have access to HttpRequest, HttpResponse
> on this level. It was quite easy to provide RPC service implementation
> authenticating against some external service like LDAP, and storing
> authentication information in HttpSession.
>
> The problem we are facing now is: how to integrate this GWT
> application with Cocoon Authentication? We want to limit access to
> some resources defined in sitemap, however authentication should be
> performed by GWT RPC servlet which is not a part of standard sitemap
> processing.
>
> We tried to use ApplicationManager in GWT RPC servlet and we failed
> with "Unable to locate current environment." IllegalStateException. I
> hope someone will have some hints.

--
Maximilian Hütter
blue elephant systems GmbH

Tel            :  (+49) 0711 - 45 10 17 578
Fax            :  (+49) 0711 - 45 10 17 573
e-mail         :  max.huetter@blue-elephant-systems.com
Sitz           :  Stuttgart, Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 24106
Geschäftsführer:  Joachim Hörnle, Thomas Gentsch, Holger Dietrich